Inbound Marketing vs. Traditional Marketing is an increasingly prevalent struggle among businesses of all shapes and sizes. Traditional Outbound Marketing in the form of emails, printed advertisements and posted content has been around forever, and is still how many business choose to go about things. Inbound Marketing, however, is not only cheaper and less time consuming, but far the only guaranteed way to drive potential customers towards where they need to be: your website.
Here are 12 reasons Inbound Marketing truly is the way forward:
1) Blogging Works: Companies that blog generate an average of 67% more leads per month [hubspot] than those who don’t, so if you’re not blogging already now is the time to start!
2) It Really Does: On average, companies will see a 45% spike in website traffic when upping their number of blog articles from 11-20 to 21-50 [HubSpot]. Once you’ve build up a thorough database of great content, the only way is up!
3) In Fact, So Does Any Custom Content: Custom content, be it on your blog, website, in the form of a paper or eBook or even on Social Media is imperative. 90% of consumers find custom content useful, and 78% believe that organizations that take time putting it together are more interested in building a relationship with them. [McMurray]
4) And It Saves You Money: Pound for pound, content-led inbound marketing produces 3 times more leads than traditional websites [Eloqua]. You will generate more leads, all the while saving yourself money.
5) …Lots Of Money: Inbound methods costs 62% less per lead than traditional outbound marketing methods [Mashable]. 62% is a LOT.
6) As Does SEO: SEO is crucial if you want your content be seen by people searching the web for your services. SEO doesn’t have to cost anything, but with 93% of all online journeys starting on a Search Engine and 75% of people saying they never scroll past the first page of results [MarketShareHitsLink], getting your content up there is a must.
7) Because People Search By Service, Not Name: No amount of Outbound Marketing is really going to turn your company into a household name, but by making your company score highly on Search Engines for the services you offer, you will easily drive traffic your way.
8) And Pay-Per-Click Is Dying: 80% of people say they ignore Google sponsored adverts [Search Engine Land], so while paying to get your name at the top of the listings may seem like a good idea, it probably isn’t.
9) So It’s Good To Go Organic: 94% of all links clicked by consumers are organic, so SEO driven, rather than paid [eConsultancy]. In this case, going organic truly is the way forward.
10) Don’t Even Bother With TV: While traditionally a failsafe way to get your brand out there, the growth of services that let you skip through TV Advertisements means that 86% of people now skip them [Mashable]. A TV Ad is expensive, and the returns will come nowhere near the cost. It’s just not worth it.
11) And You Won’t Be On Your Own: With 32% of brands now decreasing their spend on traditional Outbound methods to focus more on Inbound Content Marketing [Inbound Agents], the trend is clear. While switching to Inbound won’t push you ahead of the curve, it will certainly stop you lagging behind.
12) Because It Just Works: When executed properly, Inbound Marketing is 10 times more effective at conversion than more traditional Outbound methods. To put it frankly, Inbound works. While Outbound methods do have their place, putting your focus on Inbound Strategy is the by far the best way to help your business thrive.
How To Implement It
Making the switch from traditional Outbound Methods to a content led Inbound Strategy is quite a big step, but it doesn’t have to be a difficult one. Here at WOW, our SEO Service is designed to take your online visibility to the next level. We will tailor it to you and you can have as much or as little input as possible – our aim is simply to make your business thrive.
If the whole thing just sounds a bit daunting, why not book a Coaching Session? We will take you through all the fundamentals of putting together an effective Inbound Strategy, helping you make the most of every single piece of content you put online.
Transformational Marketing Strategy
Next up on the WOW blog we will be giving you 10 Facts You Didn't Know About Transformational Marketing. This will contain lots of reasons why the Inbound way is the right way. Don't miss out!
For more information or to book a consultation, give us a ring on 0208 257 3592 or head over to www.wowconsulting.co.uk